Thursday, October 8, 2009

Super 6

It always sucks when you have a personal relationship with an athlete but the gatekeepers get in the way. I have no doubt that had I been able to reach Andre Dirrell personally, he'd be on the show tonight. I've ring announced Andre and his brother several times. We always talk at the fights and he said he'd be happy to be on the show anytime.

I wanted to have him on before he leaves for Europe next week to take on Carl Froch on the 18th. However, I had to go through the proper channels, which didn't work out.

No worries, it will still be a great show. Showtime's Gus Johnson will make his Through the Ropes debut to talk about the tournament. He's the consummate professional and I know he'll have some strong opinions. Speaking of strong opinions, we'll check in with IBO President Ed Levine who will discuss ways in which boxing can be fixed as well as his thoughts on the new boxing promoters group.

Tune in tonight at 9 ET

No comments: