Thursday, December 18, 2008

Boxing Lifer

Tonight's show should be a lot of fun. Boxing executive Bobby Goodman will join us. He has been Don King's right hand man for years. More importantly, Bobby has been in the sport since he was a kid, tagging along with his father Murray Goodman. Bobby spent his childhood in the training camps of guys like Sugar Ray Robinson and Rocky Marciano.

And last week Bobby was elected to the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

He's a great story-teller with lots of behind the scenes stories to tell.

We tried to get Lennox Lewis as well, since he was also just elected to the Hall. But apparently HBO hates me because they have never, and I truly mean never, have helped me book a guest on Through the Ropes. In fact, before the first time we had Jim Lampley on, they told me he was not available. When I called him directly, he told me he'd be happy to do it. How ya like me now HBO publicity department?

Unfortunately, I don't have Lennox's cell #.

But I will. Mark my words. I always get my guests, eventually.

No comments: