Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Put me in, Coach

We’re running a “Best of Through the Ropes” this week. I had a great show planned. Andre Ward was scheduled to come to the studio to co-host with me. Every summer that I visit San Francisco, I make my calls to book Ward and it never happens. This time, publicist Marylyn Aceves worked her magic and got him for me.

However, when the coach taps you on the shoulder and says get in the game, you get in the game. So when Gary Shaw Productions told me that I’d be ring announcing Shobox Friday night and the undercard of Bradley – Campbell the following evening, I said I’d be there.

But in order to do that, I have to make the 8 hour drive to Temecula from San Francisco on Thursday. Make that at least a 10 hour drive since I’ve got two kids who will certainly need to stop to eat and go to the bathroom. Kids are annoying that way.

So Mr. Ward and I will have to dance next year when I’m in town. Hopefully we’ll have him on the show remotely before he fights Mikkel Kessler in Showtime’s tournament this fall.

No comments: