Sunday, December 16, 2007

Marc and the Magic Man

Back to a normal schedule this week, which means there shouldn't be anymore down weeks. I'll be back with you every Thursday night (or whenever you listen to Through the Ropes).

This week, I'm excited to have back one of my favorite guests. The man pictured to the right in the photo -- Paulie Malignaggi. He is full of personality and is a great interview. I was hoping to have him in the studio again, but he didn't want to make the drive down from Vero by himself. Also on the show will be ring announcer Lupe Contreras. Is he the next Michael Buffer? Is he waiting for the Rumble Man to finally retire? Tune in to find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Malignaggi is solid. His win over Ndou was more than impressive. Lee, I agree with your fights of the year. Not on your list, however are my top three favorites Calzaghe/Kessler, Mayweather/Hatton, and Hopkins/Wright. I know the last one was a bore for a lot of people, but what can I say, Hopkins is a master. Grappling or not, he convincingly beat Winky Wright. Who else could do that on this planet besides maybe Calzaghe? If it were as simple as fighting "dirty" and holding, then many more fighters would have beaten Winky throughout his career. As far as fighter of the year, yeah I can't disagree with Pavlik or Cotto, but how about Mayweather? A case can be made for any of them. I think Mayweather is held to a higher standard than others because he's the best. However, as far as fighter of the year honors, nothing should be taken from him simply because more is expected of him. Calzaghe could also be mentioned, and how about Juan Manuel Marquez? Speaking of which, I wouldn't be surprised if he beats Pacquiao, and handily.