Monday, December 24, 2007

All Time Greats

This week's show will feature two all time greats. Larry Holmes and Jack Obermayer. I'm sure you're familiar with Sir Lawrence, who was just elected to the Hall of Fame. Holmes is one of my all time favorites and is one of the reasons I became interested in boxing.

I love doing what I do but I try not to get too excited about my guests. I of course, need to be professional at all times. And in my line of work, you really can't afford to worship the heroes. You get let down too often. But every once in a while, I'll interview one of the guys who I grew up watching. The only word I can use to describe it is thrilling. That's when the 15 year old kid in me comes out.

Also on the show is boxing writer Jack Obermayer. If you don't know Jack's work, you should. He has a biting wit and is very knowledgeable. He writes for Boxing Digest and a host of other places. I've admired his work for years and I'm looking forward to having him on.

I hope all of you have a great Christmas. Talk to you on Thursday night.

No comments: